Easy orange chicken. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. How to make Easy Orange Chicken: Combine the orange juice and chicken. Add the flour and spices and toss to coat.
Roast the chicken pieces until they're cooked through. Simmer the orange chicken sauce until it's thick—it'll just take a couple of minutes. Toss the chicken pieces with the orange chicken sauce, and serve! You can have Easy orange chicken using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy orange chicken
- It’s of for the sauce:.
- It’s 1 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of water.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of red chili flakes (optional).
- Prepare of Orange zest from one orange.
- You need of Prepare fried boneless wings (see my recipe).
- You need of Garnish: green onions (optional).
Enjoy the tender chicken coasted with sweet and tangy glaze by cooking this easy slow cooker orange chicken. The best chicken recipe to serve with salad, rice, zoodles, noodles, and quinoa. The best slow-cooker orange chicken that will be unbeatable in taste even by a take-out orange chicken. You do not want the pieces to be too big.
Easy orange chicken step by step
- Prepare chicken nuggets/ boneless wings (see my recipe).
- In medium sauce pan combine juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger garlic and chili flakes and cook on medium for 3 minutes..
- In separate bowl mix water and cornstarch. Pour cornstarch and water mixture into the orange sauce in the pan and continue cooking 5 minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat and add in orange zest if you wish..
- Toss chicken in sauce and garnish with green onions or zest if you wish and serve! Pairs great with fried or white rice and homemade crab rangoons (see my recipe for rangoons).
Toss the chicken pieces in a bowl and coat with the flour, corn starch, black pepper, onion powder, salt and ginger powder. How to make orange chicken: First, place the chicken pieces in a bowl. Toss to coat the chicken in cornstarch mixture. Easy Orange Chicken – crispy chicken in tangy orange sauce with vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and chicken broth. Add a thin layer of oil to a frying pan and turn your stove on medium/high heat.