Grilled sugar ham. Place ham on a large piece of aluminum foil. Spread brown sugar paste over entire ham. Wrap foil securely around ham, sealing all of the edges together.
Brush over both sides of ham. Place ham on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grilled ham coated in brown sugar and mustard is wrapped in aluminum foil to seal in the moisture and flavor for a delicious main dish. You can have Grilled sugar ham using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled sugar ham
- Prepare 1 of large ham bone in (pre-cooked).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rum.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger powder.
- Prepare Cloves of to taste.
Mix brown sugar and mustard together in a bowl until a paste forms. Place ham on a large piece of aluminum foil. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Smoked ham with a brown sugar glaze is the perfect holiday roast.
Grilled sugar ham instructions
- Once ham is thawed squeeze out as much liquid as you can from the ham..
- Slice it in checker pattern all over.
- Put in two layers of tin foil folded like a bowl sprayed with Pam.
- Put on a charcoal grill 2 hrs basting it with orange juice and rum mixture..
- Make mixture of brown sugar, clove, ginger powder, honey and remains of the rum/orange juice mixture. Pour half of it over ham and let caramelize towards the end and then pour remaining mixture over to caramelize again..
Smoking precooked ham is truly easy and a simple honey glaze is a great way to add incredible flavor. This is hands down the best ham recipe I've ever had in my life, and I hope you, and the people you cook it for, feel the same way! Keep in mind that if you apply a thick layer of sugar to the hot ham, the sugar will melt and this will create a hard shell once you take it off the grill. Just pat the sugar onto your ham gently to get it to form a nice crust. If you do not want the surface to be sweet, you can cut back on the amount of sugar you use.