Orange Chicken – Instant Pot. Add to the Instant Pot® and stir to combine. Combine chicken, BBQ sauce, orange juice and soy sauce in the pot and stir to combine. Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
Secure the Instant Pot lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position. Instant Pot Orange Chicken Orange chicken is so tasty and it's a popular option at Chinese takeout restaurants. Why not make it at home instead? You can cook Orange Chicken – Instant Pot using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Chicken – Instant Pot
- Prepare 2 lbs of chicken breast cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- You need 2 Tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/4 c of orange juice.
- It’s 1/3 of White or yellow onion chopped large.
- Prepare of sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 c of orange juice.
- You need 1 of tbps hot sauce or taco sauce.
- You need 1 of tbps white wine.
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 c of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 c of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry and ginger powder mixed as you see fit.
- Prepare 1/4 c of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 c of brown sugar.
- It’s of Orange zest.
- Prepare of thickener.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of orange juice.
- You need of garnish.
- It’s 1/2 c of cashews.
- It’s of Green onion – chopped.
- You need of Orange zest.
- Prepare of rice.
- You need of Make some white rice or brown rice or a rice packet.
- It’s of Enough rice to be happy.
My version is probably much healthier than most restaurants since the chicken is not breaded and fried. The first step to making Instant Pot orange chicken is to make the fresh orange sauce. You'll whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl: orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic and fresh ginger. If you want some spice to your homemade orange chicken, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Orange Chicken – Instant Pot instructions
- Dry chicken breasts with paper towels, make them dry. Don't skip this. Chop chicken into 1-2in chunks..
- Turn instant pot to saute on high (more). When it is at Hot, add the oil, chopped onion and chopped chicken. Stir constantly until chicken is just browned on all sides..
- Add the 1/4c orange juice and deglaze the pot with a wooden spoon. When done, cancel the instant pot..
- Add the sauce ingredients to sauteed chicken. Add everything under sauce section and stir until combined and over all chicken pieces..
- Manual pressure cook for 6 minutes. Natural release 10-12 minutes. While your waiting, make the thickener… Mix the cornstarch and orange juice until all clumps are gone. More cornstarch equals thicker sauce..
- Release the pressure and turn back on saute mode (low or normal now). Add the cashews from garnish section. Slowly mix in thickener slurry and stir while cooking for 2-3 minutes until sauce is thick..
- Turn off instant pot. Let sit for 5-7 minutes..
- Spoon over there rice and add green onion and zest as final garnish when serving. Enjoy it inside your face..
Pour the sugars, rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, fresh ginger root, garlic cloves, pepper flakes, and orange zest into the Instant Pot. This Orange Chicken is great served over steamed rice or with cauliflower rice. How To Make Orange Chicken In The Instant Pot? Make the sauce: Place orange juice, sugar, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, Chinese wine, garlic, sesame oil, ginger, cayenne pepper, and orange zest in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Barbara – Your Orange Chicken is one of my husband's favorite Instant Pot recipes from your website.