Lasagne. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Lasagna Tips What side dishes go with lasagna?
Some prefer the richness and creaminess of ricotta cheese, while others like the lower-in-fat cottage cheese option that is chunkier due to the curds. The Bolognese sauce is made with a mixture of beef and pork mince. The addition of prosciutto, red wine, cinnamon, and nutmeg make it truly authentic.. You can have Lasagne using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lasagne
- It’s 500 g of beef/steak mince.
- Prepare 500 g of pork mince.
- You need 2 of x onions.
- It’s 2 of x carrots.
- You need 2 of x celery sticks.
- It’s 1 glass of red wine.
- You need 1 glass of full fat milk.
- It’s 1 of beef stock pot.
- Prepare 2 of x tinned tomato or passata.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- It’s Handful of fresh basil.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 8 of fresh lasagne sheets.
- Prepare 250 g of grated cheese (mixed mozzarella & cheddar).
- It’s of White sauce.
- Prepare 40 g of butter.
- You need 40 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 500 ml of milk.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- It’s 100 g of grated Parmesan cheese.
Drain and drizzle a bit of olive oil to prevent noodles. Learn how to build a proper lasagna with amazing recipes from Food Network. Layers of pasta, tomatoes and meat will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. The Secret Behind This Classic Lasagna Recipe.
Lasagne step by step
- Heat pan with olive oil and add finely diced carrot, celery and onions. Sweat on a low heat until soft & translucent season with salt and pepper. Turn up the heat and add the mince & break up the meat so you have no clumps of meat – use a wooden spoon or whisk. Cook until meat is brown..
- Once the meat is browned add the red wine and wait until reduced slightly. After a few mins add the milk and cook for 2 minutes (this tenderises the meat and makes the ragu more creamy)..
- Finally add the tinned tomato (fill up both empty tins with water and add also), tomato paste, stock pot, sugar, oregano, basil and also a pinch of chilli (optional). Simmer on a low heat for 1 hour & half. This can be done much quicker but it’s worth waiting for!.
- For the white sauce add the butter to a pan on low heat to melt. Gradually whisk in the flour to form a smooth roux. First add in a small amount of milk whilst whisking, then add the rest of the milk. Add the bay leaf, nutmeg & pepper (no salt needed as Parmesan is salty). Whisk for around 5-10 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Then add the Parmesan cheese..
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees. In a large lasagne dish, first add a few spoons of the red sauce so it covers the full dish. Pour some of the white sauce across the top. Sprinkle on some of the cheese & the cover with a lasagne sheet. Then repeat. For the top layer make sure it is the white sauce only then the grated cheese. Place into the hot oven for 45 minutes.
- To serve let rest for up to an hour. Cut up into slices to serve. This is great the next day also for any left over..
From what I can tell, the secret behind Alton's lasagna is the addition of a little sugar to the sauce and using a bit more cheese than most other recipes. The BEST Classic Lasagna Ever has layers of sautéed ground beef and Italian sausage that are cooked together, sweet tomato sauce, Italian seasoning all layered with lasagna noodles then covered in ricotta cheese and a parmesan mixture all sprinkled with mozzarella cheese for a mouthwatering baked Italian dinner. This recipe makes enough lasagna for five to six people — including seconds! When this dish comes out of the oven, let it rest for a few minutes to ensure beautiful, clean slices. You can also reheat it the next day for out-of-this-world leftovers.