Mozzarella Sticks. Dip the cheese in the eggs to coat completely and allow the excess egg to drip back into the bowl. Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak. Submit a Recipe Correction Dredge mozzarella sticks in flour, tapping off excess.
Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. You can cook Mozzarella Sticks using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mozzarella Sticks
- You need 8 of Cheese Sticks of String , halved.
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 4 Teaspoons of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s of Canola Oil.
Coat cheese sticks with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture. Dip the mozzarella sticks into the egg wash, then toss in the bread crumbs. One at a time, coat each mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs and finally into the oil. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
Mozzarella Sticks instructions
- Mix Italian seasoning, salt, and breadcrumbs in a small bag until well combined. Beat eggs in a small bowl until light and fluffy..
- Evenly spread the flour and breadcrumbs on separate plates..
- Place one piece of cheese in the flour and coat. Shake off excess flour and dip in the eggs. Roll cheese in the breadcrumbs. Dip cheese in eggs once more and then in breadcrumbs again..
- Place on a dry plate and repeat the previous step with remaining cheese stick halves..
- Once all pieces of cheese are coated, place in the freezer for about two hours. This helps the breadcrumbs to solidify and seal in the cheese so no leaks happen when frying..
- Pour enough oil into a saucepan to come to a depth of about 2 inches. Heat the oil on a moderately high heat..
- Fry the mozzarella sticks in batches for about 3-5 minutes, or until the outside is crispy and brown. Drain cheese sticks on paper towels to remove excess oil..
- Add oil to the saucepan to return to original level and allow it to heat again. Repeat previous step with remaining mozzarella sticks..
- Keep the others warm by placing them in the oven at 200°F. Serve immediately with sauces like marinara, garlic aioli, or honey-garlic mustard..
Place flour in a shallow dish. Whisk eggs and milk in another shallow dish. Mix panko, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, parsley, and thyme in third. Coat frozen mozzarella sticks in flour, then dip in egg, then panko, back in the egg, then back in the panko. Arrange frozen breaded mozzarella sticks in an even layer in the basket of your air.