four meat empanadas. Discover Why We are the Trusted Source of High-quality Protein for Families. High-quality Meat More Accessible for Everyone. That Means Prices You Can Actually Afford.
Salty olives, sweet paprika, and tangy raisins make the meaty filling for these empanadas a stand-out. They come together quickly by using the suggested puff pastry in place of traditional empanada dough. Once your Beef Empanadas have baked and cooled, you have three options: Consume right away, refrigerate, or freeze! You can have four meat empanadas using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of four meat empanadas
- It’s 1 lb of pan sausage I used Odom's Tennessee pride sausage mild.
- It’s 8 oz of package of chorizo sliced.
- Prepare 6 oz of pepperoni stick.
- Prepare 1/2 of tomatoes from spinach empanadas.
- It’s 1/2 of onions from spinach empanadas.
- Prepare 1/2 of olives from spinach empanadas.
- Prepare 1/3 lb of bacon.
- Prepare 4 oz of mozzarella cheese shredded.
- It’s 1 of sauce see cheese empanada recipe.
- Prepare 1/2 of mushrooms from spinach empanadas.
To store them, place in a sealed, airtight container or a gallon-sized ziplock bag. The empanada dough is similar to a pie dough. It is made with cold butter, cold water, flour and egg. It comes out perfectly flakey, crispy and golden brown!
four meat empanadas instructions
- fry the bacon.
- fry the sausage.
- slice the pepperoni stick but remember to remove the casing.
- mix all the ingredients except pastry, cheese pepperoni and chorizo.
- add sauce to pastry add all the fillings to pastry fold crimp deep fry.
The homemade empanadas are then stuffed with ground beef, potatoes, cumin, chili powder, paprika, peas and fresh herbs. As the name indicates, these empanadas are baked instead of fried. That is why the dough needs to be made differently. For fried empanadas you will use corn flour, but for the baked variety you will use regular flour. Regardless of whether you want fried or baked, you will love this recipe!