French Bread Pizza. Spread the tops evenly with the pizza sauce, then sprinkle with the mozzarella. Divide the sausage mixture among the bread pieces, then top off with the green and red bell peppers and Parmesan. Lay the rolls cut-side up on a large baking sheet.
Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with Parmigiano-reggiano, remaining parsley/basil, and remaining tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. The thing about these French Bread Pizzas is…I didn't even use French bread! I used these good ol' deli rolls, because that's what I have available in my smalltown grocery store, Maynard. You can have French Bread Pizza using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Bread Pizza
- Prepare 2 of French Bread Loaves – 8 – 10 inches long.
- It’s 1 of stick butter, softened.
- You need 1/2 lb of cooked sausage crumbles.
- You need 1/3 lb of pepperoni cubes (small cubes).
- You need 3/4 cup of Montery Jack Cheese, grated.
- You need 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, grated.
- It’s 8 tbsp of Pizza Sauce.
- Prepare 3 of green onions diced, optional.
If you can find small baguettes or crusty sandwich rolls, those would be good. Cut the french bread in half. French Bread Pizza is crispy, cheesy and easy to put on the table on busy weeknights, or on a Friday pizza night. This is the perfect recipe for when you just aren't feeling up to making homemade dough and you don't want to wait to get.
French Bread Pizza step by step
- Cut French Bread loves in half, length wise.
- Place in small bowl, 1 stick of butter, meats, cheeses, and green onion if desired. Stir till blended..
- Heat oven to 350°F..
- Spread 2 Tablespoons of pizza sauce on each half of the french bread..
- Spread cheese and meat mixture over each half of bread. The mixture should be piled high and cover from side to side. It will melt into the bread..
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese begins to brown..
- Remove from oven and serve..
Cut the loaf of french bread in half. Spread the butter on top of the bread and then sprinkle the garlic powder on top. Remove from the oven and then spread the sauce on top. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or foil for easy cleanup. French bread pizza is so easy to make because you use store bought French bread as the pizza crust.