Easy Mozz Sticks. Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak. Submit a Recipe Correction Homemade mozzarella sticks are easy to make! String cheese sticks are coated in batter and deep fried to golden, melted cheesy perfection.
Dip the mozzarella sticks into the egg wash, then toss in the bread crumbs. Unwrap cheese sticks and cut them in half. Prepare a "station" for breading your mozzarella sticks. You can have Easy Mozz Sticks using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Mozz Sticks
- Prepare 5 of strings of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 sheet of puff pastry-thawed.
- You need 1 of egg-to brush on top of the pastry.
- Prepare of Marinara or sauce of choice.
Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl. First give them a good soaking in the milk. See more ideas about mozzarella sticks, cheese sticks recipe, appetizer recipes. Mozzarella sticks are elongated pieces of mozzarella cheese (cheese sticks) that can be breaded or dipped into a batter and fried.
Easy Mozz Sticks step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400 F..
- Cut the mozzarella sticks in half and keep them aside..
- Thaw the puff pastry sheet according to package directions. I usually leave them out on the counter for about an hour and it thaws perfectly..
- Roll the sheet lightly and then equally divide them into 9 pieces..
- Place one half piece of mozzarella string cheese in each pastry sheet and wrap it into a log. Fold the edges and pinch to seal. Seal the seams as well to avoid the cheese oozing out of the shell when baking..
- Place the prepared pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment..
- Using egg wash or heavy cream (even full fat milk would work), brush the pastry liberally..
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the mozzarella sticks are golden brown..
- Remove from oven and let it cool for couple of minutes. Serve warm with marinara sauce on the side..
They are often served with a dipping sauce such as; marinara sauce, cheese sauce, ranch or thousand island dressing, honey mustard, or ketchup. Ready to make some Easy Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks? First, unwrap all the cheese sticks and cut them in half. Mix the eggs with water and the breadcrumbs with seasonings. After that, dip the cheese sticks in the egg mixture, and then coat them with the breadcrumbs.