Homemade Cheese sticks. Top with a piece of plastic wrap; press cheese and seasonings firmly into the dough with your fingers or by laying a sheet pan onto the dough over the plastic and pressing it down. Repeat dipping the cheese sticks in the egg and bread crumb mixture to coat a second time. Let sticks drain on paper towels; cool slightly and serve warm.
Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak. Submit a Recipe Correction Coat cheese sticks with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture. Repeat egg and bread crumb coatings. You can cook Homemade Cheese sticks using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Cheese sticks
- It’s 1 lb of mozzarella cheese, whole milk.
- It’s 1 cup of Gluten free Bread crumbs, plain.
- You need 1 cup of Arrowhead organic All-purpose flour + half a cup set aside.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Oil of your choice for frying.
Place on a parchment lined baking sheet; spray with cooking spray. Sift together the flour, cayenne and salt and set aside. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and cheese until blended. Making homemade mozzarella sticks with string cheese is not a difficult proposition, particularly if you take advantage of the fact that string cheese is already in perfectly portioned sticks ready to fry!
Homemade Cheese sticks step by step
- Cut block of cheese in half and cut halves in sticks. Bread them first in the half cup of flour, then egg and then the bread crumbs. Place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet..
- Freeze for 2-3 hours before cooking..
- When ready to cook, heat oil over med-high heat and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels..
- Also another option is to bake them at 375° for 15-20 mins. Also, if you like, double breading them, keeps the cheese on the inside..
All you need to do is bread them and dunk them in oil! You can even make Doritos Mozzarella Sticks if you are feeling crazy! Spray the air fryer basket and the mozzarella sticks with a nonstick cooking spray. Remove from the fryer, cool just long enough to avoid burning your tongue, and eat immediately! Place flour in a separate bowl.