Doritos Crushed Mozzarella Sticks. Roll the Mozzarella sticks in the flour, dip into the beaten eggs, and coat with the crushed Doritos. In a small bowl, combine crushed Doritos and Panko. Place eggs and flour in separate bowls.
Doritos Mozzarella Sticks Using Doritos to coat your mozzarella sticks is not only a fun twist on the classic appetizer but also a great hack if you are looking to figure out how to make mozzarella sticks without breadcrumbs. The key is to crush up the Doritos into a fine consistency similar to breadcrumbs. From tacos to chicken strips these popular chips are making their way through our favorite fatty foods, but now they're looking to up the ante with mozzarella sticks.and we are totally down with. You can cook Doritos Crushed Mozzarella Sticks using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Doritos Crushed Mozzarella Sticks
- Prepare 1 (16 ounce) of block) mozzarella cheese.
- You need 3 cups of crushed nacho cheese Doritos.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs beaten.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
Then dip them in the egg again, followed by the crushed Doritos, until the entire Babybel is covered. Dip the mozzarella sticks into the egg, then let the excess drip off. Roll in the corn chip crumbs until fully coated. So be very careful and just quickly take them out the moment they are golden brown.
Doritos Crushed Mozzarella Sticks step by step
- Cut mozzarella cheese into 4" 1/2 sticks similar to the size of string cheese in a small bowl combine crushed Doritos and panko place eggs and flour in separate bowls.
- Working one at a time dip mozzarella sticks in flour and completely coat dip into egg wash to coat completely and allow excess egg to drip back into bowl coat the cheese fully in Doritos mixture patting to adhere as necessary place cheese sticks on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer cover and freeze until frozen about 30-60 minutes or up to 2 days.
- Heat enough oil in a deep skillet over medium/medium-high to cover 1/2 -3/4 way up mozzarella sticks once hot (to test drop a breadcrumb in oil if it starts sizzling you're good to go) and working in batches fry the mozzarella sticks until golden brown about 1 minute per side adjust temperature of oil as needed (too hot and they will brown to quick) remove to a paper towel lined plate and immediately sprinkle with Kosher salt serve immediately.
New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Deliciously crunchy on the outside, cheesy and gooey on the inside! Working with one cheese at a time, coat in flour, dip in the egg, then roll and coat in the Doritos. Repeat the process, coating, dipping, and rolling in crumbs to double coat. When you're cooking cheese sticks or mozzarella sticks in the Air Fryer, make sure the cheese is completely covered with the topping.