Rum & Raisin Cassata Ice Cream. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Rum is a liquor made by fermenting then distilling sugarcane molasses or sugarcane juice.
Rums are produced in various grades. Unlike some spirits, great rum can be had without spending too much. This bottle of gold rum from the powerhouse brand Bacardi is a great example of high-quality. You can cook Rum & Raisin Cassata Ice Cream using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rum & Raisin Cassata Ice Cream
- Prepare 1 litre of Good Quality Vanilla Ice Cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of Rum steeped Raisins OR Sultanas.
- It’s of OR Soak Raisins OR Sultanas in 2-3 tablespoons Rum.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Candied Pineapple.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Unsalted Pistachio Nuts *OR Almonds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Shaved Dark Chocolate.
- It’s of Zest of 1 Lemon *grated, IMPORTANT.
Gold Rum is a rum that tends to be stronger tasting than White Rums, but not as strong as Dark Rums. They tend to be aged in [white] oak barrels, which transfers a part of the barrel to the color, hence gold rum. Some gold rums might use coloring instead of aging to give it the gold / page appearance. Few spirits can make a beach cocktail like rum can.
Rum & Raisin Cassata Ice Cream instructions
- If you don’t have already steeped Raisins (OR Sultanas), place Raisins in a small heat-proof bowl, soak in Boiling Water for 10 minutes, then drain very well. Pour 2-3 tablespoons Rum over, and set aside for 30 minutes..
- Chop up Candied Pineapple finely. If you use Almonds, chop them up as well. Shave Dark Chocolate..
- Place Ice Cream in a large bowl, break it up, and allow to soften. When it is soft enough, stir with a large spoon or spatula, add other ingredients, and mix to combine..
- Transfer to a container and freeze until firm. It’s a good idea to serve it in ice cream cones. *Note: This Ice Cream is alcoholic and only for grown-ups..
- *Note: Alternatively, you can freeze it in a loaf tin lined with plastic wrap to make it into an Ice Cream Cake, OR sandwich it with two slices of Sponge Cake..
Rum, which is made from sugar cane, is the key ingredient to many of the classic tiki bar cocktails: the Daiquiri, Mojito, Piña Colada. The rum in Black Seal is aged in bourbon barrels for several years, but that dark color is amplified by the addition of molasses from one of the distillates in the final blend, according to. Light-bodied rum is sometimes referred to as white or silver rum. It is the most common style of rum and is a very subtle liquor, much like vodka with a sweet tooth. These rums are generally aged in stainless steel tanks for up to a year and filtered before bottling.