18 cm Pound Cake (with Candied Chestnuts). The Round Cake Pan Conversion Formula in Centimeters and Inches. Like I said: with this formula, you can adjust the original recipe to fit your cake pan of Great recipe for Candied Chestnut Pound Cake. Although chestnuts simmered in their inner skins are already delicious just as is, I wanted to use it for a sweet, so I used it for a pound cake.
Cherry, peach, lemon, apple or blueberry are good choices for the fruit filling, but nearly any kind may be used. Pour the candied chestnuts, along with the vanilla sugar syrup into a large container, and loosely cover it. A few ideas from the archive for pound cakes. You can cook 18 cm Pound Cake (with Candied Chestnuts) using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 18 cm Pound Cake (with Candied Chestnuts)
- Prepare 80 grams of ☆Candied chestnuts.
- You need 1 of to 2 tablespoons ☆Brandy (optional).
- Prepare 80 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 70 grams of Sugar (or dark brown sugar).
- Prepare 110 grams of ★Cake flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Baking powder.
- You need 2 of Eggs (large).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ▲Brandy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ▲Chestnut syrup (or water if you don't have any).
- Prepare 1 of Sliced almonds (optional).
The possibilities are endless, but these are the ones I bake more often. Peel the chestnuts and add them to a large pot of boiling, lightly salted water. Chunks of buttery, rich, candied chestnuts that have been soaked in brandy fill this intense orange-vanilla crustless cheesecake for a Christmas dessert like no other. You'll need fresh chestnuts for this cake, so it really is a seasonal delicacy!
18 cm Pound Cake (with Candied Chestnuts) instructions
- Line the pound cake mold with kitchen parchment paper. If you don't have the paper, butter and flour the mold with about 2 teaspoons of butter and 2 teaspoons of cake flour (not listed)..
- Drain the syrup from the candied chestnuts. I didn't save some for decorating this time, but just mixed everything into the batter..
- Roughly mash the chestnuts with a fork. Add the ☆ brandy and mix together. If you don't have brandy you can omit..
- Beat the eggs. Sift the ★ ingredients together..
- Mix sugar and softened butter together (bring butter to room temperature before you start. If you are short on time, you can soften in the microwave)..
- When the sugar and butter are well combined, add the beaten eggs little by little while mixing. Make sure everything is well blended..
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Add the chestnuts from Step 3 and the sifted ★ ingredients to the sugar-butter-egg mixture from Step 6 using a spatula until it's no longer floury..
- Pour the batter from Step 7 into the lined or buttered pound cake mold as evenly as possible. Bake in the preheated oven..
- After about 15-20 minutes, take the cake out from the oven and run a knife through the middle lengthwise. Leave about a 3 cm gap on either side, and make the cut about 1 cm deep..
- Once you've made the cut, return the cake to the oven. The mold is hot, so use oven mittens so you don't burn yourself. (The cake bakes for a total of about 45 minutes.).
- While the cake is baking, mix the ▲ ingredients together..
- The cake is done baking. Baking time will vary depending on your oven, so use the time as reference. If you stick a skewer into the middle of the cake and nothing is sticking when you pull it out, it's done..
- Brush the top of the cake with the ▲ syrup while it's still hot, and decorate with sliced almonds if you have them. When the cake has cooled down enough to a handling temperature, take it out of the mold and leave it to cool on a rack..
- Once cooled, slice the cake into your preferred thickness and enjoy! Done!.
- The whole cake is 1,756 calories, with 2.6 grams of sodium..
Heat the sugar in a pan and allow to melt. Stir in the vanilla bean and then mix in the chestnuts. Remove the coated chestnuts from the pan and allow to cool before serving. Grease the pound cake pan with butter and lightly coat with flour (neither included in recipe ingredients). Mix together and sift ingredients from (A) into a bowl.