Non-stick Candied Dried Young Anchovies. Find Deals on Anchovies Dried in Groceries on Amazon. Great recipe for Non-stick Candied Dried Young Anchovies. I was inspired by my mother's New Year celebration meal, and made a recipe that ensures the anchovies don't stick together.
Dried Anchovy – Dried Sprat – Steamed anchovies – Steamed sprats/Ms. Dried anchovies (Malay: ikan bilis) is a very popular side dish in Southeast Asia. Deep-fried anchovies are usually served Great recipe for Crunchy Candied Dried Young Anchovies. You can cook Non-stick Candied Dried Young Anchovies using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Non-stick Candied Dried Young Anchovies
- It’s 60 grams of Dried young anchovies.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of and 1 teaspoon ★ Usukuchi soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Sake.
- You need 1 tbsp of Golden sesame seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sliced almonds.
- You need 2 tsp of Sake※.
I make this for my Osechi (New Year's feast) box every year. In Japan, dried young anchovies are thought to be auspicious. I really like crunch fish, so this has become my go-to candied anchovy recipe. Be careful not to break off the.
Non-stick Candied Dried Young Anchovies instructions
- Roast the dried young anchovies over a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring constantly. Spread on parchment paper and remove any scum from the surfaces..
- Wipe the pan and add the ingredients marked ★ and heat. When bubbles form, add the roasted anchovies and almonds..
- Stir constantly with cooking chopsticks. When the liquid has simmered away, add the Sake . Keep stirring until the the liquid evaporates. Turn the heat off and transfer the anchovies to a sheet of parchment paper..
- Spread out (do not layer on top of one another), sprinkle on sesame seeds, and leave to cool..
Wipe the pan with a paper towel, then roast the dried young anchovies until you can easily snap them in two. Put in a strainer and rinse thoroughly, then cool them off on a plate lined with paper towels. Wipe off the pan with paper towels again, and put the ingredients marked ＊ in the pan to make the cooking liquid. Place all ingredients in blender container and process until smooth. Wash the dried peeled headless anchovies in a strainer.