Itanlian Biscuit Tortoni. Almond, rum, and chocolate in a smooth, creamy base. Great finale for a dinner party or cookout. To serve, spoon the biscuit tortoni into individual old-fashioned ice cream dishes or custard cups.
I learned to make this recipe by first watching her. This is one of my favorites because it's not only delicious but it's a light dessert, especially after a heavy meal. When I was six years old, my parents bought me a Kenner's Easy Bake Oven. You can have Itanlian Biscuit Tortoni using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Itanlian Biscuit Tortoni
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole blanched almonds.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1 1/2 of Heavy cream.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 12 of candied cherries.
- It’s 12 of Cupcake cups.
Whip the remaining cream and fold it and the rum into the first mixture, stirring gently. Spoon the mixture into paper muffin cups and freeze. This dessert is a cross between ice cream and mousse. It's cold, it's creamy, and it's full of almond flavor!
Itanlian Biscuit Tortoni instructions
- separated eggs. yolk from egg whites and put in small bowl.and yolks in another bowl, be careful no yolk in egg whites, refrigerate yolks..
- let whites warm to room temperature-1hour, mix 1/4 cup water with sugar in 1quart saucepan, stir over low heat to dissolve.
- boil uncovered, without stirring, to 236°F on candy thermometer ( syrup spins 2-inch thread when dropped from spoon)..
- meanwhile at high speed ,beat whites with stop just until stiff peaks form when beater when beater is slowly raised.pour hot syrup in thin stream over whites; beat constantly until very stiff peaks form when beater is raised. refrigerated, 30 minutes.
- preheat oven at 350°f. place blanched almonds in shallow baking pan, bake until at lightly tosted 8 to 10 minutes. remove from oven. chopped almonds finely. set crushed almonds into small bowl and stir in 1 1/2 T almond extract, now set to the side..
- and a medium bowl beat cream, using portable electric mixer. with 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract add the vanilla extract ,until quite stiff. with wire whisk are rubber spatula for using an under and over motion, gently fold into egg whites mixture until well combined,.
- spoon into 12 paper-lined cupcake cups, sprinkle with almond mixture, top with cherry. cover with foil; freeze until firm several hours out overnight..
- for longer storage remove from pan and wrap each well keep for one month.
A light, fluffy frozen almond mousse, studded with almonds and red and green cherries. These are really easy to make and, their flavor improves if they're made a few weeks in advance, and stored in the freezer. The "biscuit" part of the Biscuit Tortoni refers to the crushed cookies or biscotti. This gives the dessert a little more body than it would have if it were just cream. Of course, the crumbs add flavor as well.