The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake. Great recipe for The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake. Great recipe for The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake. Its the size of a water melon. here in Florida a place called Paradise Fruit Company sells it also at local super markets. #mycookbook.
Breakfast Fruit Cake Spotted on The Fit Cook. Upside Down Fruit Cake Spotted on Follow the Fruit Fly. Fruit Cake Cookie Spotted on the Examiner And finally, we couldn't resist the classic Christmas Fruit Cake Spotted on Fun and Food Cafe This is one super fruitcake, not your ordinary dull or hard cake! You can cook The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake using 42 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake
- You need of the cake.
- You need 2 cup of light syrup.
- It’s 1 lb of raisins.
- It’s 2 lb of golden raisins.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of whole pitted dates.
- It’s 2 lb of candied citron.
- Prepare 1 lb of candied pineapple.
- You need 1/4 lb of candied orange peel.
- You need 1/4 lb of candied lemon peels.
- It’s 1/2 lb of candied cherries.
- It’s 1/2 lb of blanched almonds.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of allpurpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cloves ground.
- It’s 1 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mace.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of plus 2 tablespoon dark brown sugar packed.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of currant jelly.
- You need 1 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 1 lb of craisins.
- It’s 1 lb of dried blue berries.
- Prepare 1 lb of pecans.
- Prepare 1 lb of hazelnuts chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of cashew nuts chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of macadamia nuts chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of black English walnuts.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of Brazilian nuts.
- It’s 1 lb of coconut flakes.
- It’s of glaze.
- Prepare 1 cup of apple juice or cider.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of wine fruit base apple peach or grape.
- You need 3/4 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple juice or cider.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of apple juice or apple cider or apple wine.
It was in a magazine and although I don't always have the time or extra money at Christmas time for extravagant things, it was a gift for my husband. This is definitely not your ordinary fruitcake. The addition of lemon extract gives a different flavor to this fruitcake. Guests will be asking for a second piece of this!
The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit.
- Beat the eggs well. then mix all the ingredients. this gonna make a lot of cakes. I love to give them away..
- Take the pans, (use deep one like bundt pans loaf pans and so on), grease the pans with butter or non-stick spray. Then line with parchment paper. I used to use brown bags to line. Either one will work. Then fill pans up almost to top of each pan. bake until done let cool. Then put into fridge it cuts better cooled. I usually give some away or freeze till I eat.
- In a pot boil apple juice or cider. Add dark brown sugar. add wine boil 5 minutes. add cinnamon. mix cornstarch and apple juice or cider. add to boiling glaze to thicken. When done pour over the fruit cake. it will harden a bit let it cool. wrap cake and do as you like..
- This makes 8 good sized cakes.
Carrot Bread Recipe Carrot Cake Bread Christmas Desserts Christmas Treats Christmas Baking Christmas Cakes Christmas Recipes Cupcakes Cupcake Cakes. See more ideas about fruit cake, cake recipes, fruitcake recipes. Little-known fact: The term "regift" was coined in an episode of Seinfeld, in reference to a label maker. A fruitcake would have been a more classic example. Since before the invention of sitcoms, these colorful blocks of neon fruit and corn syrup have been everyone's least favorite holiday treat, making them the ultimate white elephant.