Shawarma. Place the chicken thighs into the mixture and turn to coat. Shawarma (/ ʃ ə ˈ w ɑːr m ə /; Arabic: شاورما ) is a dish in Middle Eastern cuisine consisting of meat cut into thin slices, stacked in a cone-like shape, and roasted on a slowly-turning vertical rotisserie or spit. Originally made of lamb or mutton, today's shawarma may also be chicken, turkey, beef, or veal.
Combine the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley. Shawarma Sauce: Add garlic to the bowl of a food processor and process until chopped. Add tahini and pulse to combine. You can have Shawarma using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shawarma
- Prepare 2 cup of flour and half cup for dusting.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of veg.oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Fillings.
- You need of De-bone chicken breast.
- You need of Onion.
- Prepare of Green peppe.
- Prepare of Tatashe or shombo pepper.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of powders milk.mix with water to form past.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of Ketchup.
- You need of Mayonnaise.
With the machine running, slowly add cold water until frothy. Shawarma refers to the Middle Eastern method cooking where thin slices of meat, most traditionally lamb, are stack on a vertical spit and slowly rotate in front of a fire or other heat source. Shawarma is thinly sliced cuts of meat, like chicken, beef, goat, lamb, and sometimes turkey rolled into a large piece of flatbread or pita that has been steamed or heated. Inside the pita, foods like hummus, tahini, pickles, vegetables, and even french fries are added.
- Bring to your floured work table and knead for some minutes. Cover n allow to rest..
- Marinate your chicken breast for hours for better taste.
- Sieve your flour, add in ur salt,baking powder, veg.oil,water and mix until u get a smooth and pliable dough.make a ball and allow to rest for 20minute..
- Divide the dough into to equal parts or ball n flatten it round..
- Put your frying pan on fire wen hot,place in the tortilla for second,place the rest until it complete..
- Mix your mayonnise n ketchup together with the grated cabbage n carrot..
- Grill in ur marinates chicken n slice.flatten your shawarma wrap,rub your mix mayoketch,place in your grated carrot n cabbage,then chicken n veg.n fold..
- Now grill it.ready for consumption..
Think of shawarma as a Middle Eastern-style taco or burrito. Traditional chicken shawarma is basically well-marinated chicken, layered on a vertical rotisserie or spit where it's slow-roasted for days–in its own juices and fat–until perfectly tender and extra flavorful! There are two main ways to serve Chicken Shawarma. As Chicken Shawarma wraps (like Gyros and Doner kebabs) – with tomato, lettuce, and a simple yoghurt sauce on the side. Other optional extras include: red onion, cheese (query authenticity?