Chicken, Ham and Sweetcorn Crispy Pancakes. Method Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a large pan and when hot add the parma ham. Cook until crisp then remove from pan and set aside. Add the remaining oil to the pan and when hot add the chicken.
Apparently according to my children, its illegal not to eat pancakes today. When we make pancakes, we go for the american style billowy pillows of pancakey heaven. My go to recipe is Nigellas american breakfast pancakes. You can have Chicken, Ham and Sweetcorn Crispy Pancakes using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken, Ham and Sweetcorn Crispy Pancakes
- Prepare 2 large of thinly sliced chicken breast or 3 chicken thighs.
- It’s 3 slice of of good ham or bacon thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 large of handful of sweetcorn.
- Prepare 300 ml of chicken stock (I make my own by boiling roasted chicken bones and veg).
- It’s 25 grams of ap flour.
- It’s 25 grams of butter.
- You need 1 cup of flour on a plate.
- Prepare 2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic crushed.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 medium of egg beaten with a splash of milk in a deep dish.
- It’s 4 large of or 6 medium thin pancakes about 6 inchs in diameter.
Tip the lardons into the pan and sizzle for a few mins until crispy, then tip out onto the plate with the chicken. 'Findus' style ham and cheese crispy pancakes When the frozen food company Findus was implicated in the horsemeat scandal, all I could think about (since I don't eat their frozen lasagnes anyway) was how much I loved their crispy pancakes as a child.. She made pancakes with a chicken and sweetcorn filling but I wanted to make ham and cheese. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper; add to yolk mixture and mix well.
Chicken, Ham and Sweetcorn Crispy Pancakes instructions
- melt the butter and add the 25g of flour to make a roux. slowly whisk in the stock until combined.
- add the chicken. stir for 3 minutes.
- add the ham and sweetcorn. combine. add garlic, salt and pepper.
- stir and simmer until reduced and thickening.
- place a tablespoon of cooled mix into the center of the pancake (don't over fill). with a brush, moisten half inch around the outside of the pancake with the egg wash then close up pressing the edges together.
- mix paprika and turmeric with the breadcrumbs and place on a plate.
- cover the parcel in flour, then egg mix, then breadcrumbs. set aside.
- repeat steps 5 and 6 until all used up.
- heat oil in a frying pan and cook pancakes about 5 minutes each side until golden and crispy. or for healthier method of cooking bake for 30 minutes on a high heat.
- try different fillings like cheese and broccoli, steak and ale or any pie filling.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Let me introduce you to your new favourite breakfast: Cheese and Ham Pancakes. Crispy and cheesy on the outside. Fluffy on the inside with pops of ham and cheesy goodness. A dollop of sour cream, little sprinkle of green onions and crispy bits of cooked ham.