SA Chicken Stew. Add flour and stir until vegetables are coated, then add chicken, thyme, bay leaf, potatoes, and broth. This Chicken Stew is stacked with vegetables & flavour. A stew is a mix of strong sustenance ingredients that have been cooked in fluid & served in the resultant gravy.
You can make the recipe more rich by adding heavy cream. Chicken Alfredo stew, autumn chicken stew, Mediterranean chicken stew—there are so many delicious ways to make chicken stew, and we've collected them all for you right here. Ultra tender flesh and super crispy skin smothered in a thick savoury sauce with vegetables. You can cook SA Chicken Stew using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SA Chicken Stew
- You need 1 of large baby marrow.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- You need 250 gr of chicken breast.
- It’s of Pepper TT.
- It’s of Braai salt TT.
- It’s 4 of button mushrooms.
- It’s Sprig of rosemary.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s 6 ml of olive oil.
- You need of Kashmiri chilli pepper powder, optional for heat.
This Chicken Stew is slow cooked in the oven to develop deep, incredible flavours. The smell that fills the house when it's in the oven is simply wonderful! Made with skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks, this Chicken Stew recipe is a firm favourite during the colder months along with Beef Stew and. Add the stock, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil, skimming often.
SA Chicken Stew instructions
- Heat pot, add.
- Chop all vegetables and add all spices to a light olive oil based sauce pan. And fry until transparent..
- Add some water to create a broth and add sweetcorn off the cob. Add sliced and cubed chicken breast. Cover and simmer on low heat..
- Season with Kashmiri chilli pepper spice or salt and pepper for a traditional non spicey meal..
- Enjoy with potbrooitjies..
Add the carrots, leeks, celery, garlic, thyme, bay. This hearty one-pot chicken stew practically cooks itself! It's made all in one-pot with tender chunks of chicken and savory veggies. Enjoy it with crusty bread for an ultimate cold-weather meal! If you're a fan of comfort food, try this Chicken Mushroom and Spinach Lasagna.