Oven Barbecued Chicken. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Remove to paper towels to drain. Turn on broiler and continue to roast until chicken skin is blistered and crisp in spots,.
Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken and cover with foil. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the. Add chicken to remaining barbecue sauce. You can cook Oven Barbecued Chicken using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Barbecued Chicken
- It’s 6 of 8 oz Bone-in chicken breasts halves.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped onions.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of white vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of brown suger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
Brush the chicken with the reduced sauce, flip the chicken over, and brush the skin and sides with sauce. In a nonstick skillet coated lightly with oil, brown chicken over medium heat. Flip chicken, and brush with the remaining sauce anywhere it's needed. Put chicken in baking dish and half of the sauce over it.
Oven Barbecued Chicken step by step
- In non-stick skillet coated with oil. brown chicken over medium heat.
- transfer chicken to 13 in by 9 in by 2 in deep baking dish.
- Remove old oil from skillet. Recoat and cook onions until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 min..
- Pour over chicken. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 45 – 55 min or until chicken juices run clear and meat temp is 170°F.
- Receipe by Marge Wagner on allreceipes.com.
- 20 min prep time, 45 min cooking time..
Set aside rest of sauce to pour over cooked chicken. Place chicken pieces into prepared pan. Coat the chicken on all sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken skin side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper.