Rice Porridge. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Porridge was also considered a festive food, served most often at special occasions, or for Christmas. It could be 'risengrynsgrot,' a creamy rice porridge, or 'rommegrot,' a mixture of finely ground flour cooked in sour cream and topped with a generous amount of golden butter.
This rice porridge is the breakfast and lunch staple in many Asian countries and serves in Dim Sum restaurants (they call it as jook in Cantonese) as one of the delicacies. The time-honored Cantonese rice porridge is suitable for almost every palate. This unadorned dish is surprisingly appealing and easy to make. You can have Rice Porridge using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice Porridge
- It’s 2 cups of rice grains.
- Prepare of Onions.
- It’s of Garlic.
- It’s of Ginger (hand full amount).
- You need of Knorr cube chicken.
- Prepare 1 ltr of Water.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Fish sauce.
- Prepare of Egg.
- It’s of Chicken bones.
- Prepare of Chicken breast.
- It’s of Egg and spring onions for toppings.
Slow-Cooker Rice Porridge We Italians have a soft spot for our rice dishes. Whether it's risotto or rice pudding, it's all good. This not-too-sweet treat is a terrific way to finish a meal. Serve, topped with berries, apple, almonds, and a drizzle of honey.
Rice Porridge instructions
- Boil the chicken breast and bones. After boiling, shred the breast and set aside the chicken stock.
- Saute, onions, garlic and ginger. Then add chicken bones and shredded breast. Put fish sauce and saute for another minute..
- Add rice grains, stir for 3mins then pour in the chicken stock and water. Simmer for 30mins and stir occasionally..
- Check if rice is already cooked, put knorr cubes, and salt and pepper to taste. Kindly see the water level if needed, add more water. Stir..
- Add toppings (egg and spring onions for garnishing).
Rice Porridge, or we call it Okayu (お粥), is a simple dish made with rice and water. The rice is simmered in a pot with water until the mixture disintegrates. As the rice is tender soft and easily digestible, it is known as a healing food in Japan. We usually serve Okayu to people who are recovering from sickness, the elderly, or babies. Congee or conjee (/ ˈ k ɒ n dʒ i /) is a type of rice porridge or gruel.