Pomegranate and Walnut Chicken : Khoresh Bademjan. Fesenjoon hails from the verdant northern Iranian hills and coast, where pomegranate and walnut trees grow. Taking its flavor cues from the land, this stew braises bone-in chicken thighs in a blend. Great recipe for Pomegranate and Walnut Chicken : Khoresh Bademjan.
You will find it sweeter in some Perisan homes, and sourer in others. I personally prefer it on the sour side, and I will show you how to make it both ways. The dish starts with walnuts that are ground into a coarse powder and features lightly-browned chicken pieces that are patiently cooked to tenderness in a pomegranate sauce. You can cook Pomegranate and Walnut Chicken : Khoresh Bademjan using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pomegranate and Walnut Chicken : Khoresh Bademjan
- Prepare 1 kg of chicken breast without skin and bones, and bones.
- Prepare 500 g of walnuts.
- It’s 3 of onions, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of pomegranate paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Choosing the best quality ingredients will ensure you have the best fesenjoon on the block! Make this Persian favorite, Khoreh Fesenjan. Tender chicken is cooked in a walnut pomegranate sauce and served over steamed saffron rice. Eggplant, otherwise known as the potato of Iran, is used in a variety of stews, Kuku (egg-based dishes), and layered rice dishes.
Pomegranate and Walnut Chicken : Khoresh Bademjan step by step
- Use a food processor to finely grind the walnuts. Set aside..
- Dilute the pomegranate paste in 2 ½ cups of water or use 4 cups of pomegrante juice if available. Set aside..
- In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil and fry the onions in it until tender, then add in the chicken breasts and fry until the chicken starts changing colour on all sides..
- Remove the chicken and onions with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the oil in the skillet..
- Fry the ground walnuts in the same oil for a few minutes then add in the salt, diluted pomegranate paste, cinnamon and sugar. Stir while cooking until the sauce is creamy..
- Add in the onion and chicken and mix. Cover and simmer over very low heat for 20 minutes. Stir from time to time to prevent from sticking..
- When the sauce is thick, check the taste and add in sugar or pomegranate syrup to have a sweet and sour taste. Add water if needed..
- To serve, place the chicken pieces on a serving platter and pour the sauce over it..
The very special and unique ingredient in this … Continue reading Khoresh Bademjan – Eggplant. In a bowl, mix the pomegranate paste in the warm water and stir until dissolved. In a fresh bowl, combine the ground walnuts, cinnamon and saffron. Pour the pomegranate mixture in to the walnut mixture and stir gently to combine. Add the browned squash to the chicken pot and mix.