Msakhan sandwiches. Place the msakhan sandwiches in a pan coated with olive oil and place in the oven until the surface of the sandwiches turns lightly brown. Musakhan (مسخن) is a Palestinian dish made by piling chicken seasoned with sumac and onions over bread. These Musakhan Wraps are a variation of the classic recipe.
Peel onions, cut in half and chop into crescents. Take a big pan and add a generous splash of Noor Oil and sauté onions till they start changing color, lower the heat and leave them to cook. When you see the onions have just gotten juicy, add your salt and pepper to season. You can have Msakhan sandwiches using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Msakhan sandwiches
- It’s 1 kg of chicken breast without skin and bones.
- You need 1/2 kg of onions.
- It’s 5 of markouk bread.
- You need 1 cup of sumac.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Sumac chicken caramelized onion flatbread (Musakhan) is a slightly adapted version of the popular Mediterranean recipe made with roasted chicken thighs, full of flavorful spices and healthy. Makes a great homemade appetizer or pizza style! Musakhan: Sumac Chicken Flatbread Musakhan is sometimes referred to as a national dish of Palestine. These are pretty much the Middle Eastern version of taquitos 🙂 Musakhan chicken wraps are based on a classic Palestinian dish that has gained in popularity all over the Middle East in sandwich form.
Msakhan sandwiches instructions
- Place the chicken breast in a saucepan over heat and add water to cover the chicken..
- Keep the chicken over heat until it is cooked then remove from heat. Set to cool then fragment it into thread-like pieces..
- Chop the onions into wings then fry in a saucepan with half a cup of oil until the onion wilts..
- Add the sumac over the onions and mix. Then add in the fragmented chicken and fry well. Season with salt and black pepper..
- Leave the chicken and onion filling over heat while stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Then remove the saucepan from heat..
- Divide each loaf of bread into 4 sections in the form of triangles then dip the bread triangles in oil..
- Place 2 tablespoons of the filling inside each bread section then wrap the bread in the form of a funnel making sure to close it from the bottom..
- Place the msakhan sandwiches in a pan coated with olive oil and place in the oven until the surface of the sandwiches turns lightly brown..
- Serve the “msakhan” sandwiches hot..
Traditionally whole chicken pieces are seasoned and cooked in a clay oven then placed on top of fresh flat bread. سندويشات المسخن على طريقة مطبخ سناء Musakhan (Arabic: مسخّن ) is a Palestinian Arab cuisine dish, composed of roasted chicken baked with onions, sumac, allspice, saffron, and fried pine nuts served over taboon bread. It is also known as muhammar (Arabic: محمر ). It is often considered the national dish of Palestine. It also remains a very popular dish within the Arab triangle, areas near Iksal and Sandala villages. No, Musakhan is a quiet meal – a layered preparation of chicken, onion softened with sumac, and doughy pieces of taboon bread.