Homemade Crispy Chicken Strips. In a second shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. Dip a few pieces of chicken at a time in buttermilk mixture, then in flour mixture; toss to coat. All you need is a good batter and/or breading, and you're halfway to homemade chicken strips.
These EXTRA CRISPY Fried Chicken Tenders are easy to make at home and every bit as delicious as your favorite restaurant. Learn the secrets that the chefs use for making golden, perfectly seasoned, crunchy batter! Be sure to serve these with my easy honey mustard sauce and homemade french fries! You can cook Homemade Crispy Chicken Strips using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Crispy Chicken Strips
- Prepare 1 of chicken breast, bones and skins removed.
- Prepare 1 cup of Corn Flakes, crushed (I use poppins).
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 of pinch of salt.
- You need 1 of pinch of black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of italian dressing, optional.
- You need 1 of pinch of onion powder.
- You need 1 of pinch of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 cups of Vegetable oil for frying.
Fried Chicken Tenders If there's […] Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, then dredge in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Dip into favorite sauce, or enjoy just as they are! In another shallow bowl, beat egg and milk.
Homemade Crispy Chicken Strips instructions
- Cut the chicken breast into strips lengthwise..
- Beat the egg with a fork..
- Season crushed cornflakes with salt, pepper, paprika and the other spices if desired..
- Dip each strip in the egg mixture and then dip it in the cornflakes mixture till it's well coated. Try pressing the strip in cornflakes to coat..
- Repeat the process with the other strips..
- Heat oil. When oil is completely heated, lower heat down to medium heat so that the strip gets fried inside out..
- Fry the chicken strips in oil on both sides..
Dip chicken into egg mixture, then cracker mixture. Continue coating chicken strips until they are all ready to cook. When the oil is sufficiently heated, begin cooking the strips a few at a time. Cook them for about a minute and a half or so on each side. When golden and crispy, remove them to a paper towel-lined plate.