Chicken Tortilla Soup. Learn To Make Ancho Tortilla Soup W/ This Easy Recipe From McCormick®. In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
Ladle soup over chicken and top with a lime wedge, grilled tortilla strips, avocado slices and cheese. Editor's Note Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Open the cans of corn, chicken broth, chunk chicken, black beans, and diced tomatoes with green chilies. You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- You need 3 of chicken breasts, I use either bone in or boneless depending on whats on sale..
- Prepare 3 can of rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies. I do not drain the juice off..
- Prepare 1 large of Onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 box of Chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cummin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black pepper.
- You need 2 can of Black Beans, I do not drain them..
- It’s 2 can of Sweet Corn, I do not drain the juice off..
Pour everything into a large saucepan or stock pot. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through. Chicken Fajita Tortilla Soup — Rachael brings all of the flavors and textures you look for in classic fajitas to a satisfying soup by simmering chicken tenders with onions, peppers and jalapenos in. Ladle the soup into bowls, making sure to get plenty of chunks (chicken, veggies, beans, tortilla strips) in each bowl.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Cook chicken breast in skillet. Add two tablespoons of water to pan. Season breasts with cummin, salt, and pepper as desired. Turn chicken as need lightly Browning each side until completely cooked. Adding the water will keep your chicken moist. Once done cut into pieces and add to crock pot..
- While chicken is cooking, dice onion and garlic. I also use garlic minced in a jar. Simmer both in skillet with vegetable oil on low-medium heat for 10 minutes then place in crock pot..
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your crock pot and cook on high heat for two hours then place on low or warm..
- can top with tortilla chips, sour , cream, and shredded cheese..
Then add on the toppings: a nice dollop of sour cream, onions, avocado, cheese (Monterey Jack is good), and—don't leave this out—cilantro! The cilantro adds some scrumptious freshness. Making Chicken Tortilla Soup: In my recipe, I start with a base of chicken broth and combine that with tomato paste, onions, garlic, jalapeños, and tortillas, cut into strips and fried. The flavor profile begins to build with fresh cilantro and chopped onions. How to Make Chicken Tortilla Soup Sauté the onion and jalapeño in an oiled Dutch oven, then add the diced garlic and continue cooking until fragrant.