Heather's Homemade Hot Sauce.
You can have Heather's Homemade Hot Sauce using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Heather's Homemade Hot Sauce
- Prepare of Dry ingredients.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of cayenne pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of habanero pepper powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ghost pepper powder (optional).
- You need of Wet ingredients.
- Prepare 4 cup of white vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apricot preserves.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of spiced rum.
- You need 6 oz of can of tomato paste.
Heather's Homemade Hot Sauce instructions
- In a large saucepan, mix together all dry ingredients, except bay leaves..
- Add honey, apricot preserves, spiced rum, and tomato paste. Mix well..
- Whisk in all vinegars, saving 1/2 cup of white vinegar..
- Place on stovetop, add bay leaves and bring to a slow boil over medium heat..
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover, simmering for at least 30 minutes..
- Turn off stove and let cool for 1 hour..
- Remove bay leaves and pour into a blender, blending until smooth..
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the mixture into a clean saucepan. (Use a spoon to push it through the strainer, the mixture will be thick.) Discard the leftover pulp..
- Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar (more or less depending on preference) to the sauce, to thin to desired consistency..
- Cover and let cool completely before bottling..