You can cook Chicken Cacciatore using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cacciatore
- It’s 3 of Bone-in, Skin-on Chicken Breasts.
- It’s 3 of Bone-in, Skin-on Chicken Thighs.
- It’s 1 can of San Marzano Tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1 pints of Cremini or Baby Portobello Mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s 4 of as needed Green, Red, and Yellow Bell Peppers, sliced.
- You need 1 cup of White Wine.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, sliced.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of as needed Flour.
- You need 1 of as needed Salt & Pepper.
Chicken Cacciatore step by step
- Season some flour with salt & pepper. Lightly coat the chicken pieces, shaking off excess flour. (I use Chicken breasts and thighs.) Place chicken in a frying pan and just fry for color. Do not cook through! Remove chicken pieces and place in a baking pan..
- After removing chicken from pan…sauté the onions and garlic cloves. When the onions are just translucent, add in the peppers. When the peppers start to soften…remove everything from the pan and place in baking pan with chicken..
- Sauté mushrooms in same pan. When they start to soften and brown, remove from frying pan and mix together with the other ingredients. Note: nothing should be cooked all the way through..
- Add White Wine to the frying pan, simmer until it no longer smells like wine. The alcohol will cook out leaving behind a sweet fruitiness. After this occurs add in the tomatoes, salt & pepper, and oregano. When this thickens slightly (roughly 10 minutes from Wine start to thickening)…pour over everything in baking pan..
- If this dish is intended to be eaten on its own with some sliced Italian bread for dipping…the purée in the can of San Marzano tomatoes is enough to keep the "sauce" loose..
- If this dish is intended to be eaten over maccaroni (preferably a short pasta such as rigatoni or penne), you might want to add in tomato paste to thicken the "sauce"..
- Place in 350 oven for roughly 30minutes. Uncover and cook for another 30 minutes. Serve and Yum!.