Lemon Herb Butter Poached Chicken Breasts.
You can have Lemon Herb Butter Poached Chicken Breasts using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Herb Butter Poached Chicken Breasts
- It’s 2 of large bone in, skinless chicken breasts, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds total weight.
- You need 2 tbsp of salted butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper, and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Frank's brand.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mixed fresh herbs, I used Chives, rosemary, thyme, parsley and basil.
Lemon Herb Butter Poached Chicken Breasts instructions
- Preheat oven to 250.
- In a ovenproof skillet large enough to hold chicken in one layer,melt butter, add lemon, red hot and garlic.
- Add herbs to butter mixture. Season chicken with Cajun seasoning, pepper and salt and turn to coat with butter. Place chicken breast meat side down..
- Cut a piece of parchment oaper the same diameter as your skillet. Generously butter one side of paper. Lay paper butter side down on chicken to cover it. Then cover that with a tight fitting lid. Place in preheated oven and cook for 1 hour, without opening oven. Remove from oven and let sit covered 10 to 15 minutes..
- The chicken can be served now warm, strain the sauce and serve with rice or potatos. Or alternatively, the meat can be removed and added to tortillas and salads warm. I also chill the breasts and use for sandwiches and chicken salad and any place you would use cooked chicken.