You can cook Chicken Curry using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Curry
- You need 500 gr of chicken breast or thigh with bone and skin.
- It’s 1 cup of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pumpkin.
- You need 3 of red chili or 1 bellpepper.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 tbs of curry powder.
- It’s 200 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 300 ml of water.
- It’s of season: salt and sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbs of tomato paste.
- Prepare of oil.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 stalk of curry leaves or 3 lime leaves.
- It’s 3 cm of galangal, crushed.
- You need 1 of lemongrass, crushed.
- Prepare 10 of fresh red cayenne pepper cut length wise.
- You need 2 of tomatoes cut into chunks.
Chicken Curry step by step
- Pan fry with oil (5tbs) the chicken until nice golden color on each side then remove from the pan and set it aside.
- On the pan with leftover oil from the chicken add in onion, bay leaves, curry leaves, galangal, lemongrass and saute for 2 minute.
- Then add in chopped chili/bellpepper and garlic then stir, cook it for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, curry powder, water, and coconut milk then stir well continuously and bring to boil.
- Then add in 1 tbs salt and 2 tbs sugar and stir turn down the heat into shimmer.
- Add potato, pumpkin, and chicken to the pan and stir well and cover.
- Cook for about 15 minute then taste (add more salt or sugar if needed).
- Add cayenne and tomatoes and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or so.
- And wallaa its doone..