Homemade Tortilla Chips. This recipe for tortilla chips is really easy to do, super simple, if I can do it, you can do it, let's get started. All right so both ways, we are going to bake them and we are going to fry them. I that feel a homemade corn chip is a thing apart from what you find in those enormous bags of name-brand commercial chips.
Perfectly crisp, crunchy Homemade Tortilla Chips that can be fried, baked, or air-fried. There's nothing as good as homemade tortilla chips from scratch. The best part is you can start from scratch and make homemade flour tortillas, or just begin with pre-made tortillas and fry them up. You can cook Homemade Tortilla Chips using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Prepare 50 grams of White flour.
- It’s 150 grams of Corn grits or polenta meal (cornmeal).
- Prepare 100 ml of Boiling hot water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Rock salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Jalapeño pepper (or green chile peppers).
- It’s 1/2 of Lime.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Creme fraiche, yoghurt, or sour cream.
- You need 1 of Store-bought salsa for tacos (or tomato chili sauce).
- You need 1 of enough to deep-fry the chips Olive oil or vegetable oil.
Cinco De Mayo was a few weeks back, and we were craving tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa. Why make homemade tortilla chips from scratch? They taste better than any chip you've had. There's no chip you can buy at the store that tastes better than one warm from the oven or frying pan.
Homemade Tortilla Chips step by step
- Combine the corn grits, flour, and olive oil in a bowl. Add the hot water and mix well. Cover with a tightly wrung moistened paper towel and set aside for 10 minutes..
- Chop the avocado into fine pieces, and mix together with the crushed garlic, finely chopped jalapeño pepper, lemon juice, and creme fraiche. Chill in the refrigerator..
- Roll the tortilla mix from Step 1 into 3 to 4 cm diameter balls, and press them flat. You don't need a rolling pin for this. You can also sandwich the balls between sheets of parchment paper and press them flat over the paper..
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the tortilla chips over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. If you're frying up store-bought corn tortillas, they cook up in just a minute..
- Drain the oil on paper towels. Add salt to taste. Serve with the avocado dip from Step 2 and tomato chili sauce..
- You can mix the dips or serve them separately, whichever you prefer..
- Place the tortilla mix on piece of parchment paper, and place another sheet of paper on top. Roll over the paper with a rolling pin to flatten the chips. If you cut them out using a ring or a cup, the chips will be neatly rounded..
- You can also make your own salsa with tomatoes, chili, and salt..
- I also recommend making nachos with any leftover tortilla chips. Top with. Serve them with guacamole, tomatoes, and cheese!.
This homemade tortilla chips are light, airy and super crispy. They're absolutely delicious, you'll love this tortilla chips recipe! How To Make Homemade Tortilla Chips. Sure, you can buy pretty-good tortilla chips at the store. But, when making fried tortilla chips at home is as simple as cutting corn tortillas into triangles and.