Chicken & Veggie Soup.
You can have Chicken & Veggie Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken & Veggie Soup
- You need 1/2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 40 g of smoked bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of small yellow onions, chopped.
- You need 2 of large cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 4-6 of bone-in chicken thighs (Or 2 chicken breasts).
- You need 2 of large russett potatoes, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, diced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- It’s 6 cups (1.5 L) of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tsp. of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- It’s 1 handful of fresh, chopped parsley.
Chicken & Veggie Soup instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped pieces of smoked bacon and cook until they are brown..
- Add in the onions and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes..
- Place whole chicken pieces on top of the onions..
- Add the sliced potatoes, diced carrots, celery, chicken broth, thyme, sea salt and black pepper..
- Simmer on medium until the potatoes become very soft and thicken the broth. This takes about 40 minutes..
- Remove the chicken from the pot and use forks to shred meat or chop it into pieces. Add shredded chicken back into the pot along with fresh parsley and stir into the soup..
- Eat & enjoy!.