Polenta with Tomatoe Basil Sauce and Poached Egg.
You can cook Polenta with Tomatoe Basil Sauce and Poached Egg using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Polenta with Tomatoe Basil Sauce and Poached Egg
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 cup of Polenta.
- It’s 80 grams of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano, plus extra for garnish.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 large of garlic clove, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of bottle passata suace (tomatoe puree).
- It’s 1 of handful of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 4 of eggs (1 egg per serve).
- It’s 1 of hand full of shaved parmesan.
- It’s 1 of cracked pepper.
Polenta with Tomatoe Basil Sauce and Poached Egg instructions
- In a saucepan heat oil and sauté garlic… add passata sauce and basil… bring to boil, then simmer for atleast 30 minutes until thickened…. set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 c.
- Boil chicken stock in a medium sized sauce pan…..
- Slowly poor in polenta while whisking in at the same time to combined…. continue to whisk add salt and butter constantly whisking…..
- Polenta mix with become very thick… add Parmarsen cheese…. and combined… may need to change to wodden spoon… at this stage polenta should be a dough like consistently…. if not add a little more polenta until it comes together….
- Put the polenta mix into a oven proof dish and firmly compact it down with the back of a fork… sprinkle oregano and chilli powder on top the spread a layer of passata sauce over the top.
- Oven bake polenta for 30 minutes…. allow to cool slightly before cutting into 4 serves….
- Poach egg just before serving… place the egg on top of the polenta top with shaved parmesan cheese, fresh oregano leaves and cracked pepper… enjoy.