You can cook Meatball Cupcakes using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatball Cupcakes
- You need of Beef and pork mince.
- It’s of Large chopped onion (s).
- You need of Minced garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Egg (s).
- You need of Milk (not too much).
- It’s of Whole leaf parsley 18/200 83/200.
- It’s of Green bell pepper (thinly chopped).
- You need of Beef cube (Knorr or any brand you prefer).
- It’s sheets of Cheddar cheese.
- You need of Marinara sauce.
- You need of Mashed potatoes.
Meatball Cupcakes step by step
- Sautee the onions and garlic until fragrant and translucent. Season with salt and pepper then take off heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Into the onions add beef mince, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, parsley, green bell pepper and mix.
- Lightly oil a cupcake pan.
- Dissolve beef cube in a tablespoon of hot water. Let it sit in first to soften up before vigorously stirring to completely dissolve. Add this solution to the beef mixture and thoroughly mix.
- Stack cheddar cheese sheets and cut into equal number of blocks/cubes as prepared meatballs (I stacked 3 for 6 meatballs).
- Oil your palms and form equal sized large meatballs and set aside (make them larger than the standard size so that they almost resemble cupcakes after baking)..
- Thumbprint a well into each meatball and fill it with a stacked cheddar cube. Form back into a ball making sure the cheese is at the middle and not peeping through (if the cheese peeps through, it will sip out of the meatball as it cooks and you will lose the dramatic effect of melting cheese when you cut through after cooking.
- Fill the cupcake pan with meatballs, making sure you press them in to take the shape of the pan. Mould the top with oiled palms to form a cupcake dome.
- Bake at 180°C for 20minutes. Do not bake for too long or the meatballs will dry out and shrink an awful lot that they won't stand as cupcakes.
- Top meatballs with a teaspoon of marinara sauce each then pipe soft creamy mashed potato through a piping bag fitted with a cake decorating nozzle.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!.