POLENTA CHIPS. If you make polenta regularly you might have noticed the crust that remains on the bottom and the walls of your pot after you have eaten the polenta. Polenta chips are fluffy, crisp, full of flavour and make a perfect side to salad, sandwiches and burgers. Put away your potato prejudices – polenta chips (fries in the US) are really, really nice.
And should you deep-fry, shallow-fry or bake? Polenta chips are naturally gluten free and low in calories. Baked Polenta Chips with Chilli Salsa Verde. You can have POLENTA CHIPS using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of POLENTA CHIPS
- Prepare 1 cup of polenta.
- It’s 1 of litre vegetable stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, grated (optional) to keep vegan.
- Prepare of cornflour.
- Prepare 2 of cookie trays.
These polenta chips are definitely a winner and are handy to have on hand to serve to guests who pop around for a drink. Cut the polenta into slim 'chips' and carefully toss with the olive oil. Polenta chips, croccanti bastoncini di polenta molto invitanti grazie anche al profumato e sapido mix con Noi, con i nostri bastoncini di polenta chips! Vi suggeriamo una ricetta che, una volta provata.
POLENTA CHIPS step by step
- Medium pot on med-high heat. Add veggie stock, bring to the boil. Add the polenta. Stir continuously for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add parmesan cheese (optional) mix well. Stand for 5 minutes..
- Butter the trays and line with baking paper. Once the polenta has cooled, pour half the polenta over one of the trays, spread evenly. Do the same with the other tray. Place in the fridge overnight or for 4 hours to firm up..
- Remove from the fridge. Flip tray over on the bench. Peel off the baking paper. Cut polenta into your desired chip size..
- In a bowl, add the cornflour. In batches, roll the chips in the cornflour (this makes them crispy). Remove and gently shake excess flour off. Cook in deep fryer or in a shallow fryer in a pot on the stove or in the oven, until golden brown and crunchy. Serve immediately..
Polenta (cornmeal) is rather strange looking stuff and the instant kind, when boiled up, looks a bit like mashed potato. But when set into a square and cut in to 'chips' it starts to turn in to something rather. Slice the tube of polenta in half lengthwise, then slice each half in half lengthwise. Polenta chips with aioli recipe, Viva – There is only one way to describe ovenbaked polenta chips Unwrap polenta and cut into even-sized chips. Line a baking tray with paper.