Diet Meatballs with Onions and Tomato Sauce.
You can have Diet Meatballs with Onions and Tomato Sauce using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Diet Meatballs with Onions and Tomato Sauce
- You need 1 kg of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 6 of medium onions, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of allspice.
Diet Meatballs with Onions and Tomato Sauce step by step
- Mix the meat, cinnamon, allspice, salt and half of the onions in a blender until you have a homogeneous paste..
- Wet your hands with some water and divide the meat mixture into small balls..
- Place the meatballs in a baking tray and bake in the oven while turning them frequently until they are cooked. Remove and set aside..
- In a saucepan, cook the remaining onions with the vegetable oil until tender. Then add in the meatballs, the tomato paste and 4 cups of water. Cook over medium heat..
- When the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat and cook for about 30 minutes, with the saucepan covered..
- Serve hot with rice..