Dawood Basha, Meatballs With Tomato Sauce.
You can have Dawood Basha, Meatballs With Tomato Sauce using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dawood Basha, Meatballs With Tomato Sauce
- You need 1 kg of finely ground beef.
- Prepare 1 kg of tomatoes, peeled and cut in small pieces.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup water.
- You need 6 of medium onions, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of allspice.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
Dawood Basha, Meatballs With Tomato Sauce instructions
- In a food processor, blend the ground meat, cinnamon, allspice and salt until you get a homogeneous meat paste..
- To prepare the meatballs, wet your hands with some water and divide the meat paste into small balls the size of a small plum..
- In a deep saucepan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the meat balls. Remove and drain on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- In the same saucepan, fry the onion slices until tender then add back in the fried meat balls. Add the tomato pieces and the dissolved tomato paste. Cook over medium heat..
- When the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat, cover the saucepan and let it simmer for 15 min..
- Serve hot with vermicelli rice..