White chicken and cheese lasagna. A chicken and spinach lasagna with a creamy white cheese sauce. Great for any kind of pot luck. Chicken, cheese, spinach and as if there wasn't already an abundance of cheese here, there's also a white cheese sauce!
While it may be white instead of red, and made with chicken instead of beef, it has all the characteristics of. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. You guys I found this white chicken cheese lasagna recipe over at Tasty Kitchen and I knew by the spontaneous combustion of my salivary glands that I had to make it. You can have White chicken and cheese lasagna using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White chicken and cheese lasagna
- It’s 1 box of lasagna noodles, uncooked.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 4 cup of shredded mozzarella, divided.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of grated parmesan, divided.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cup of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cooked chicken.
- Prepare 10 oz of frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
Anna and Chelsea (Hidden Ponies) hit the nail on the head with this one because this white chicken and cheese lasagna has it all. I always think of Lasagna as being Italian with a tomato sauce of some kind. When my son requested I make this I was kind of surprised at the type of ingredients it had in it. If you are looking for something different to bring to the table this White Cheese Chicken Lasagna Recipe with fit the bill.
White chicken and cheese lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water..
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt and simmer until bubbly..
- Add the broth and milk and boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute..
- Stir in 2 cups of mozzarella and 1/2 cup parmesan. Season with oregano, basil, and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside..
- In a medium bowl, mix the chicken and ricotta cheese..
- Grease the bottom of a 9×13" baking dish. Spread 1/3 of the sauce mix on the bottom..
- Next arrange 3 lasagna noodles in dish, then cover with the entire ricotta and chicken mixture..
- Arrange 3 more noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, spinach, the remaining mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese..
- Add 3 more lasagna noodles, the remaining sauce, parmesan cheese, and parsley..
- Bake for 45 minutes or until edges start to brown..
- Adapted from original recipe found on pinterest..
White Cheese & Chicken Lasagne (printable below). This creamy chicken lasagna recipe has everything: a luxuriously cheesy sauce, chicken sausage, spinach and no-boil noodles to makes things extra simple. How to Make Lasagna with Chicken and Spinach. The sauce is a mixture of butter, milk and cheddar cheese. After trying cream cheese lasagna I never looked back!