Three-Cheese Vegetable Lasagne.
You can have Three-Cheese Vegetable Lasagne using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Three-Cheese Vegetable Lasagne
- Prepare 1 packet of lasagne sheets.
- It’s 2 tins of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/3 of bulb of garlic.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small hand-full of basil.
- It’s 1 of large red pepper.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of paprika.
- It’s of Plain flour.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 200 g of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 200 g of cheddar cheese (the stronger the better).
- You need 150 g of parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
Three-Cheese Vegetable Lasagne instructions
- Chop the onion garlic and peppers. Then add olive oil to a pan and heat. Add the onion garlic and peppers and fry until the onions start to brown..
- Add the chopped tomatoes, carrots, basil, salt & pepper, paprika and bay leaf. Simmer on a low heat for 25 minutes, stirring regularly..
- Make a béchamel sauce: heat three knobs of butter in pan, when it bubbles sieve in some of the flour, whisking, until it turns into a yellow paste. Gradually add a little milk while whisking. You can keep adding a little milk or flour until you have enough of a runny white – the trick is to keep whisking!.
- Grate the cheddar and 3/4 of the parmesan and add to the sauce. Stir until all the cheese has melted, then remove from the heat..
- Take a baking dish and spoon in a little of the tomato sauce until it covers the bottom..
- Cover the sauce with a single layer of the pasta sheets, breaking the sheets where necessary so that all the sauce is covered..
- Spoon over some of the cheese sauce until it covers the pasta completely..
- Repeats steps 5-7 until your dish is full, making sure you finish with a layer of the pasta and cheese sauce..
- Slice the mozzarella and layer over the top. Finally sprinkle the remaining parmesan all over..
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the top of the lasagne is golden brown..