Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies.
You can cook Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies
- You need 1 cup of shortening.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of butter flavoring.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of vanilla flavoring.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut Rum (Malibu or Parrot Bay).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar (packed).
- You need 1 Tbsp. of coarse Kosher salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 2-1/4 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (more or less as desired).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut flakes.
Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies step by step
- Combine shortening, eggs, flavorings, sugars, rum, and salt. Mix on low to combine, then cream on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes until fully blended and light in color and texture..
- In separate bow, combine flour and baking powder. Sift or mix well with whisk..
- Turn mixer to lowest speed and fold in flour mixture a little at a time. Alternatively, fold flour mixture into wet batter by hand with large spatula. Fold until combined, but don’t overwork. A little bit of dry flour is ok at this point..
- Add chocolate chips and coconut flakes to dough mixture. Fold by hand with large spatula until fully incorporated..
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour to chill dough..
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet or 1/2 sheet pan with parchment paper..
- Use 1 tablespoon measuring soon to scoop balls of cookie dough. Place on parchment-lined sheet pan, about 2” apart. (1/2 sheet pan makes 12 cookies).
- Bake 10-11 minutes until edges start to brown. This will make soft, chewy cookies. For a little firmer bite, cook 1-2 additional minutes until tops start to brown..
- Remove from oven and let rest for about 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool..
- Let pan cool for a few minutes before starting next batch..
- Quick Tip- to speed up process, remove parchment paper and run backside of pan under cool water for 10-15 seconds. Make sure to dry off any excess water. Replace parchment and start next batch..
- Option #1 – place a small pinch of coconut flake on top of cookie dough ball before baking to add some extra texture. The flakes will melt in slightly and tips will brown for that toasted coconut flavor..
- Option #2 – lightly sprinkle a little extra coarse kosher salt over tops of cookies as soon as removed from oven and resting on pan. Don’t over do it… just ever so subtle..
- Serve warm with glass of favorite milk or coffee. Let cookies cool completely on wire rack and store in air-tight container. The flavor and texture actually gets better the next day!.