Fab fried green tomatoes.
You can cook Fab fried green tomatoes using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fab fried green tomatoes
- You need 1 large of Green tomato.
- You need 1/4 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Parika.
- It’s 1 dash of Cajun (red) pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mrs dash chicken seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Fat free plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of Low fat or skim Milk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Coconut oil.
Fab fried green tomatoes step by step
- Wash and dry tomato. Slice into 6 slices. Place on paper towel to absorb excess moisture..
- In one bowl mix all dry ingredients..
- Pour approximately 1/3 of dry mixture into another bowl. You will use this as your dry coating on tomato..
- With the other portion of dry ingredients, add yogurt and enough milk to make the mixture a pancake batter consistancy. You will use this to dredge the tomato in..
- Heat coconut oil (or canola, vegetable, etc) on stovetop in preparation to fry tomato slices..
- Take each tomato slice and dust each side with dry flour mixture and then immediately dredge in wet flour mixture. Place in hot oil. Allow each side to cook on medium heat until golden brown..
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel to absorb extra oil. Serve hot. Enjoy..