simple fried green tomatoes.
You can have simple fried green tomatoes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of simple fried green tomatoes
- You need 5 of green tomatoes.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 2/3 cup of jiffy baking mix (or flour).
- You need 1 tbsp of parsley.
- It’s 2 tbsp of creole seasoning.
- It’s 1 of oil.
simple fried green tomatoes step by step
- I don't usually measure my ingredients. so this is a round about guess of measurements. I hope you enjoy it!.
- heat oil in skillet.
- slice tomatoes 1/2 in thick..
- in mixing bowl mix 2 eggs and milk. add in the jiffy mix and stir until clumps are gone. if the batter is too thin add more mix, if its too thick add more milk. next add parsley, Creole seasoning and stir..
- dip sliced tomatoes into batter. be sure to cover them completely. place in hot oil. let cook until golden brown and flip. (I find it easier to use tongs.).
- set out a plate with a few layers of paper towel. let cool and enjoy!.