Student Meal: Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato. For the sad student who is destitute and desperate. Ayam Masak Merah (Chicken in spicy tomato sauce) tastes great when served with plain rice or coconut milk rice. Turmeric is added to this dish to further.
For the southern fried chicken, remove the skin from the chicken pieces and slash the flesh with the tip of a sharp knife. Lightly whisk the egg whites together To serve, divide the chicken pieces among four serving plates and spoon the coleslaw alongside. Spoon the tomato ketchup into small ramekins. You can have Student Meal: Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Student Meal: Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato
- It’s 350 g of Chicken meat (with skin, boneless).
- It’s of Marinade;.
- It’s 2 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Oil (for frying).
- It’s of Sauce;.
- Prepare 40 g of shallots (chopped).
- Prepare 30 g of garlic (chopped).
- You need 20 g of ginger (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Ketchup.
- You need 4 Tbsp of Chilli Sauce.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Oil (for sauce).
- It’s of Optional;.
- It’s 1 of Onion (sliced).
- It’s 1 of tomato (diced).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water.
To prepare pan-fried chicken breast, we will need skinless-boneless chicken breasts, salt, pepper, all-purpose flour, and olive oil. Chicken is a fantastic source of protein, which is great for a filling lunch or teatime meal and can carry some exciting flavours and spices. It's also incredibly diverse – shredded, fried, crumbed, skewered or roasted! Like cacciatore, chicken braised slowly over low heat in sauce is so tender it literally falls off the bone.
Student Meal: Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato instructions
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and marinade with turmeric and salt. Rest for 30 minutes to overnight..
- When ready, add 1/2 cup oil to a wok on a high heat. Fry the chicken until golden brown. Remember to fry all sides. Rest chicken and set aside..
- In the same wok, leave behind 2 Tbsp of oil and heat it on high. Fry the shallots, garlic and ginger until fragrant..
- Add in ketchup and chilli sauce then mix well. Add in diced tomato and cook until desired consistency. If the sauce is too thick add 1/3 cup water..
- Add the fried chicken to the sauce and coat it well but don't linger too long or it will get soggy. Serve on a plate and garnish with onions..
- NOTE; Any ketchup or chilli sauce will do but I use either Maggi or Heinz Organic Ketchup, and Lingham's Chilli Sauce..
- COMMENTARY; This dish works for the same reason any fried chicken and ketchup works. You may be thinking then, wouldn't it be easier to just mix ketchup with chilli sauce and skip all the cooking, and you would be correct but it would taste a little different, just as this is a hack version of Chicken In Spicy Tomato, and that is a deconstruction of Spicy Tomato Chicken, each dish will taste different from the other. For a student, as long as it's tasty, who cares right?.
In Umbria, this dish would commonly be served with a wedge of Torta al Testo, or Umbrian flatbread to sop Please tell me if I should remove the skin before cooking the Chicken in Spicy Tomato Sauce. In a large pot, brown chicken in olive oil. Chana masala (spicy chickpea stew) and mujadara (lentils & rice with fried onions) are both inexpensive pantry meals that EDIT: You can make cheap pizza with tortillas, cheese, and tomato paste (mix with water and add spices you like). A spicy twist on a simple frittata recipe, with Masala paste, coriander and plump cherry tomatoes. Student Meal Chicken Katsu Japanese Chicken Chop Chinese Stir Fried Chicken Curry Chinese Fried Chicken Stir Fried Chicken Noodles Malay Tomato Ayam Goreng Masak Merah Southern Pan Fried Chicken Sandwich Fried Chicken In Bread Crumbs Stir Fried Chicken With Cashew Nut.