Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter. Easiest Homemade Gnocchi with Brown Butter & Sage Potato Gnocchi with Sage Butter and Mushrooms. Scrape sweet potato flesh into medium Add chopped sage (mixture will bubble up).
That said, this sweet potato gnocchi is not a traditional Italian gnocchi recipes. Sure, the technique is classic, the sauce is a twist on the classic burro e But for the last few years this comfort food recipe for sweet potato gnocchi with balsamic brown butter sauce has been a cold weather staple of mine. From model, social media queen and true foodie, Chrissy Teigen, comes this collection of totally delicious recipes for food you truly want to eat. You can cook Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter
- Prepare 2 pounds of purple sweet potatoes (about 3-4 medium potatoes).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried sage.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of flour plus extra for dusting.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of fresh sage chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
These sweet potato gnocchi are easier to make than they look, and you will soon be totally addicted to that brown butter sauce. While the gnocchi are cooking, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. When the foam subsides, add the sage and cook until the sage is crispy and the butter. A new and yummy twist to Gnocchi.
Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 and roast sweet potatoes until tender. About 30-40 min..
- Remove skin from potatoes and mash insides with a fork or potato masher. Once mashed, you must allow the potatoes to completely cook. You can put the potatoes in the refrigerator or freezer to speed the cooling process..
- Pour the flour onto a clean dry countertop and shape it into a ring..
- Crack eggs into the center of the ring and beat with a fork. Do not mix any of the flour into the egg mixture as this time. Add the dried sage, nutmeg, and salt to the eggs..
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes to the egg mixture and combine..
- Using your hands, slowly start to mix the flour into the potato mixture. Gently Knead the dough until well combined and no longer sticky. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour..
- Dust flour on the countertop, roll dough into large ball, and cut ball into four pieces..
- Roll each quarter into long strands approximately 1 inch in diameter..
- Cut gnocchi into 1 inch cubes and separate on baking sheet. Do not allow gnocchi to touch as they will likely stick together..
- At this point you can either put baking tray in freezer to freeze gnocchi for later use, or boil water for immediate use..
- Add gnocchi to boiled salted water and cook until they rise to the top. About 2-3 minutes..
- Drain pot and reserve about a 1/4 cup of the pasta water..
- Add butter to a large saucepan and melt. Once butter starts to foam, add fresh sage and fry until crispy. When butter starts to brown (make sure it doesn’t burn) add the pasta water and stir. The pasta water should thicken the butter and make the sauce creamier..
- Add gnocchi to pan and stir to coat with butter sauce. Once combined, remove gnocchi from pan and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!.
Pair this up with butter or your favorite alfredo sauce. PREP TIPS: I added brown sugar and cinnamon to enhance the flavor of the sweet potatoes. Sweet Potato Gnocchi is about to happen in your life. These gnocchi are sturdy enough to stand up to the sage-garlic-butter-pan-frying situation that follows, which is exactly what I wanted Add the gnocchi and pan-fry until golden brown on the outside (you may have to do this in batches). They are also cholesterol and fat free.