Stir fried tomatoes and egg. If you've had it, you know why you'd want to make it again and again. If you haven't had it, it may not sound like much. Start by cutting tomatoes into small wedges.
This dish is one of the most popular home-cooked Chinese dishes but it's not one that's often found at restaurants. That's because it's so simple that. Stir-fried tomato and scrambled eggs (Chinese: 番茄炒蛋/西紅柿炒雞蛋) is a common dish in China. You can have Stir fried tomatoes and egg using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir fried tomatoes and egg
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s of Sausage or spam.
- Prepare leaves of Spinach.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of soy sauce.
It is usually served as a main course. tomato & egg stir-fry is truly a national dish. I'm wondering if any of you know what the colours of the Chinese Olympic team uniform are. In their very first attempt at cooking, most Chinese children are taught to cook "tomato and egg stir-fry". Tomato and egg stir-fry (西红柿炒鸡蛋, xi hong shi chao ji dan) is such a classic Chinese dish that it would feel strange not to write about it.
Stir fried tomatoes and egg step by step
- Scramble two eggs in a bowl with some salt.
- Slice up 2 tomatoes into wedges.
- Slice sausages or spam into bite sized pieces.
- In a frying pan, add cooking oil and scramble your eggs. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, replace cooking oil and stir fry garlic until aromat. Add sausages and fry until cooked..
- Add tomatoes and cook until it is soft. Add 1/2 tbs sugar and 1/2tbs soy sauce. Let tomatoes cook until it is soft and juicy. You can add spinach leaves at this point..
- When tomatoes are at your preferred consistency, plop on your scrambled eggs..
- Serve with rice..
Among the many simple and classic Chinese dishes, this one is the most comforting. It has become a must-have at almost every school and office cafeteria. Fluffy eggs stir-fried until just cooked, mixed with tomatoes that under the heat of the wok will practically dissolve into a semi-tart, semi-sweet sauce. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs well with salt and white pepper. Scrambled eggs together with chopped tomatoes is a favorite in our family.