Russian-style Pancakes (Gluten-Free).
You can cook Russian-style Pancakes (Gluten-Free) using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Russian-style Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
- It’s of For the pancakes:.
- Prepare 425 grams of Riccota or strained cottage cheese.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of Grated lemon peel.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Gluten-free flour or rice flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Beet sugar or other natural sweetener.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- It’s 200 ml of Blueberries (fresh or frozen).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Water (if using fresh blueberries).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 1/3 tbsp of Beet sugar or your choice of natural sweetener.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Corn starch.
- You need 1 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 1 dash of Powdered sugar (for topping).
Russian-style Pancakes (Gluten-Free) instructions
- Combine the cheese, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a bowl and mix..
- Mix in the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt..
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Add oil, then spread it evenly with a paper towel..
- Spoon the batter onto the griddle a little at a time until it reaches a diameter of about 8-10 cm..
- When the top surface cooks, flip it over, and cook the other side. These should take longer to bake than regular pancakes..
- While baking the pancakes, combine the blueberries, water (if using fresh berries), lemon juice, and sugar in a small saucepan..
- Heat over medium, and simmer until the blueberries loose their shape..
- Dissolve the corn starch in water, then pour into the saucepan..
- Once it thickens, turn off the heat..
- Arrange the pancakes on individual serving plates, sift powdered sugar through a tea strainer, then top with the blueberry sauce..