Chocolate brownies. A chocolate brownie or simply a brownie is a square or rectangular chocolate baked confection. Brownies come in a variety of forms and may be either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density. They may include nuts, frosting, cream cheese, chocolate chips, or other ingredients.
This is our easiest chocolate brownie recipe. It's everything you want in a brownie – fudgy, dark and chocolatey. Serve these brownies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you'll understand what. You can have Chocolate brownies using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate brownies
- It’s of Melted butter, to grease.
- You need 200 g of dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped.
- You need 200 g of butter, cubed.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 250 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 115 g of plain flour.
- You need 35 g of Cocoa powder.
Satisfy your chocolate cravings with Alton Brown's Cocoa Brownies recipe from Good Eats on Food Network. For a well-balanced brownie, don't forget the salt. Brownies have so much going for them; great flavor, easy to make, and so versatile. The simplest brownies are made with just melted.
Chocolate brownies step by step
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush a 16 x 26cm baking tray or oven dish with melted butter. Line with parchment paper and allow sides to overhang. This stops mixture sticking to the tray and makes the brownie easier to remove later..
- In a saucepan on medium heat, pour in water. Place a bowl over the saucepan. Transfer the the chocolate and butter into the bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon and let it gently melt. Once fully melted, set bowl aside..
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs and egg yolks in a jug until well combined..
- Allow the chocolate and butter mixture to cool before adding the egg mixture. Combine the ingredients well and set aside. Tip: if the chocolate mixture is too hot, the egg may start to cook and scramble..
- Combine the sugar and flour in a large mixing bowl. Sift in the cocoa powder. Now add the chocolate, butter and egg mixture to the bowl and stir and gently fold in using a spatula until just combined, do not over stir. Pour mixture into the prepared tray and smooth the surface using the spatula..
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or insert a skewer into the centre and if it comes out clean it's ready. Tip: Do not over bake or the brownies will dry out..
- Remove baking tray from oven baked brownies (leave parchment paper on) to a cooling rack. Set aside for a few hours or overnight to cool. Tip: This helps the brownie to set..
- Once cooled, remove parchment paper and place on a chopping board. Cut brownies to desired size and shape. Transfer onto a serving plate or tin. Serve with a cup of tea or hot beverage. Eat within a few days. Keep in airtight container to keep fresh..
No need for fancy gluten-free flours. These rich, fudgy chocolate brownies are gluten free. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert, or leave Chocolate hazelnut spread ensures these moreish brownies have a fudgy centre. Chocolate brownies are meant to be gooey in the middle and this simple chocolate brownies recipe tells you exactly when it's time to take the brownies out of the oven to make them just right. There's nothing wrong with being a purist, especially when it comes to your brownies.