Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod. Beer Battered Cod is an amazing comfort food recipe perfect for gatherings with friends. Follow my easy recipe to make a batch of this flavorful recipe! As promised in my previous blog post, here's a fish recipe!
Dredge onion rings in flour, shake off excess, and dip in beer batter. Spiral slices of bacon around each onion ring to completely wrap it (you may need several slices depending on the size of the onion). Our beer-battered baked cod recipe is a tasty solution to satisfy your craving on a caloric budget. You can have Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod
- Prepare 2 lbs of cod filets. Portioned.
- It’s of Thin strips of bacon.
- You need of For the batter.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornmeal.
- You need 1 tbs of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each, dry mustard, white pepper, smoked paprika.
- It’s 12 Oz of beer. Lager or pilsner.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- You need of Oil for deep frying.
- It’s of Tooth picks.
- You need of Tartar sauce.
We can benefit from cooking some meals with beer because this herby, hoppy beverage helps to blend the flavors of a dish while adding a unique taste specific to the type of beer you've chosen to cook with. Bacon + Beer + Deep Frying + Hard-boiled Eggs = Awesome. Wrap each brat bite in a half slice of bacon and secure with skewer. To make the glaze, combine brown sugar, yellow mustard, soy sauce and sriracha sauce until smooth.
Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod step by step
- Portion cod into serving sized pieces. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Let sit a couple minutes..
- Heat oil in fryer to 360 degrees..
- Mix dry ingredients for batter. Slowly mix in beer, preferably left open for an hour so it is less carbonated..
- Use an entire strip of bacon to completely wrap piece of fish. Secure with a tooth pick..
- Dip fish in batter. Coat completely. Let excess drip off. Slowly dip in hot oil. Cook 5-6 minutes. Flip over once..
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce. Enjoy.
- Don't forget to remove the toothpick..
View top rated Best baked beer batter for ling cod recipes with ratings and reviews. Spicy bratwursts are wrapped with smoky bacon and grilled to perfection. Bacon wrapped brats are perfect for summer bbq's and tailgating parties. Josh wrapped a piece of bacon around each brat and used a toothpick to hold the bacon in place. He put the brats on soaked skewers so they wouldn't.