Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT. Add one fried green tomato and top with the remaining pimento cheese. Place the second slice of bread on top, with the butter facing up. Seriously, these fried green tomatoes take me back to my childhood.
Come into the kitchen with us and let's get to cooking again. Here we attempted fried green tomatoes with a twist — or shall we say stuffing — Pimento. House made Pimento cheese, crispy bacon, fried green tomatoes and romaine lettuce. You can have Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT
- It’s 1 of green tomato.
- Prepare 1 of panko bread cumbs.
- You need 1 of flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of prepared pimento cheese.
- Prepare 1 of bacon.
- You need 1 of ciabatta roll.
Place tomatoes on a large paper towel-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Spread cut sides of each roll with pimiento cheese. Place rolls, pimiento cheese side up, on a baking sheet and broil until cheese is. Fried Green Tomato BLT in Seconds.
Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT step by step
- Slice 1inch slices of green tomato season with salt,pepper, garlic & onion powder.
- Create a breading station: 1plate for flour, 1plate for panko & 1 bowl for egg wash.
- Season a plate of flour & a plate of panko bread crumbs the same way as the tomatoes. *tomatoes take a lot of seasoning.
- Make an egg wash w/ 1 egg splash of water or buttermilk season well.
- Dip the tomato slices in egg wash-flour-egg wash & then panko shaking off the extra with each step.
- Fry the breaded slices in a pan of shallow(just enough 2 cover bottom of pan well) cooking oil. After cooking drain on paper bag or paper towels.
- Crisp up your bacon in oven or microwave figuring about 4 slices per sandwich. After cooking drain on paper bags or towels.
- Slice open your ciabatta roll & lightly butter the outside then sprinkle lightly w/ garlic powder. Spread the pimento cheese on the interior. Put together then grill sandwich in a pan.
- After sandwich is browned on both sides & cheese is melted remove from pan. Open sandwich add a few fried tomato slices & your bacon then enjoy!.
We're talkin' level up, mile-high, triple-decker BLT sick! Fried green tomatoes are one of my favorite summah things to make. Crispy and tart and softened enough that they're the perfect inclusion in a grilled cheese And pimento cheese! The only thing that could've made this grilled cheese better, though I don't think it's an absolute must, is bacon. Be the first to rate & review!