Healthy Italian Turkey Meatballs.
You can cook Healthy Italian Turkey Meatballs using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Italian Turkey Meatballs
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of Ground Turkey, 93% lean.
- You need 1/4 cup of whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Parsley, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic, Minced.
- You need 1 tsp of Kosher Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic, Smashed.
- Prepare 28 oz of can Tuttorosso Crushed Tomatoes.
- You need 1 of Bay Leaf.
- It’s 4 pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Fresh Basil Chopped or parsley.
Healthy Italian Turkey Meatballs instructions
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic and cheese. Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients and form small meatballs, about 2 tablespoons each..
- In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn..
- Pour crushed tomatoes into the crock pot with bay leaf. Add garlic and oil..
- Drop meatballs into the sauce, cover and set slow cooker to low, 4 to 6 hours..
- When meatballs are ready, add salt and pepper to taste, and toss in some fresh basil or parsley or both!.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, over pasta, or enjoy it in a hoagie roll as a meatball sandwich.