Oven Roasted Turkey.
You can have Oven Roasted Turkey using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Roasted Turkey
- You need 15 lb of turkey.
- Prepare of Injector Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Italian dressing.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter.
- You need of Spice Rub.
- It’s 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Stuffing.
- It’s 1 of red apple (cut into small cubes).
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of onion ( cut into quarter chunks).
Oven Roasted Turkey instructions
- Mix spice rub in a bowl. Sprinkle spice rub into cavity of turkey. Loosen skin from meat and rub spic mixture under the skin. Rub remaining mixture onto turkeys skin..
- Melt butter for injector sauce in a saucepan and add dressing. You can grate a clove of garlic in and put some dill or fresh parsley, if doing so remember to strain the sauce as it cannot be injected..
- Inject the sauce into the turkey and refrigerate overnight or upto24 hours..
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Set rack at lowest position..
- Place turkey in roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stuff the turkey with the stuffing ingredients. I did not eat these instead used them for flavor..
- Roast the turkey for about 4-5 hours. Baste every 30-45 minutes..
- Internal temperature should be 165°F in the thickest part of thigh..
- Let rest for 30 minutes, cover with foil..