Taisen's Turkey Gravy.
You can cook Taisen's Turkey Gravy using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taisen's Turkey Gravy
- You need 1 of turkey drippings / juice / stock from the pan ( my turkey always has butter , garlic , salt , pepper , sage , vegetable stock and bacon laid on top of the turkey ).
- It’s 1 of vegetable or turkey stock if you don't have enough liquid from your turkey.
- It’s 1 of I don't use it but my mom does . the meat from the turkey neck , cooked and make sure there is no bones.
- It’s 1 of Turkey giblets ( everything in the pouch ).
- Prepare 1 of cornstarch.
- You need 1 of milk.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped ( optional ).
- You need 1 of mushrooms , pre fried and cut up ( sliced ) in a bit of butter and pepper ( optional ).
Taisen's Turkey Gravy instructions
- Cut up all of the giblets. You can cook them first if you prefer but I find that it doesn't turn out well that way as the meat got to tough.
- In a medium saucepan, add the cut up giblets and neck meat if using that..
- Add in turkey drippings / stock from your turkey pan. Turn the heat on medium high . Get the liquid boiling and boil for 10 to 15 minutes stirring a good bit..
- Turn heat down to medium low heat. Add in more turkey stock , or vegetable stock. If your adding onion , do that now. Also add in mushrooms if using those..
- I end up adding most of the juice from my turkey to make a LOT of gravy..
- Add in salt and pepper. You can also add garlic if you like.
- In a bowl , mix some milk and cornstarch to make a paste. Slowly add it into your gravy while stirring constantly. Make this as thick as you like. Always taste and add more salt and / or pepper to your liking..
- After you have this to your desired consistently set heat on low or warm until it is time to serve..
- Just before serving, turn the heat up if necessary to make it hotter if it cooled down..
- When your ready to start putting things away and saving. Add in more or the rest of the turkey juices into the saucepan or another container , stir and store this to use the next day. You may or may not have to thicken it again. Hope you enjoy ! I use this on the 3 rd day for my turkey soup :).